The goal of the Conservation Planting Trailer is to assist groups and organizations in restoring the region’s riparian buffers and other environmentally sensitive areas by loaning them the necessary tools and equipment to plant native trees, shrubs, and flowers. These efforts will also help improve water quality in streams, ponds, and wetlands. It will also create beneficial habitat for wildlife and aquatic life.
A common problem facing community conservation groups is not having the right tools, or not enough of them, to prepare the sites and do the planting. The Southeastern PA Resource Conservation and Development Council Conservation Planting Trailer will provide groups with the shovels, rakes, planting bars, augers, pruners, etc. necessary to do projects in the Southeastern Pennsylvania Counties of Berks, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, and Northampton. With the right tools provided, more buffers will be restored, a greater number of plants will be planted, fewer tools will be broken from misuse, and volunteers will be safer.
The Conservation Planting Trailer is an innovative conservation project. SEPA RC&D Council Members may use the trailer for free. Join the Council today and enjoy the benefits of membership.
Key Documents for use of the trailer can be downloaded by clicking on the document name.
- Increase environmental restoration and community plantings in the region
- Increase the number of volunteers who participate in planting projects
- Provide volunteers with safe and proper tools
Three expected outcomes of the project are:
- More of the region’s riparian buffers and environmentally sensitive areas will be stabilized and restored
- People will feel better by investing their time and energy to protect and improve their community and the region’s natural resources
- Other groups, organizations, businesses, and agencies will be inspired to donate for environmental restoration projects because of the availability of the conservation trailer
This project will help meet several of the goals listed in Pennsylvania’s Nonpoint Source Management Program Update and the Watershed Restoration Action Strategy for the State Water Plan.
Conservation Planting Trailer Sponsors: